If you’ve lost some or all your natural teeth, our implant dentistry offers a clinically proven, safe alternative to bridges and dentures.
When you lose a tooth, the surrounding bone and gum shrinks as it heals, and continues to shrink over time. Dentures and tooth-supported bridges do nothing to prevent this bone loss, which can cause them to move around and damage other teeth and gums.
Implants, are small titanium screws that replace the roots of one, several or an entire set of teeth – actively stimulate the jaw bone and prevent further shrinking. Bone grows back closely around an implant, making it permanently fixed and strong.
Implants produce attractive, secure replacement teeth which offer many benefits over dentures:
- They improve your appearance. With the look and feel of natural teeth, they are anchored into your jaw and can last a lifetime
- They can improve your speech – no more risk of loose dentures causing you to mumble or slur
- They are far more comfortable and allow you to eat and chew the food you like without pain or discomfort
- They allow you to smile confidently and feel better about yourself
- They enable better oral health through leaving your own teeth undisturbed
- They last longer than any other form of dentistry – a lifetime, with proper care
- They are more convenient. You clean them just like normal teeth, and they don’t need messy fixatives to keep them from moving around.
Implants are the modern alternative to dentures and are often labelled as “Do Away Dentures”